A key outcome from the COVID 19 pandemic has been an increase in the acceptance and use of virtual care, both by patients and doctors. Certainly the use of telemedicine has served patients while protecting them from exposure to the virus during in-office visits.
Our HealthCare Consulting Blog Page
- 04/20/2022 - 0 CommentsRemote Patient MonitoringRead More
- 03/25/2022 - 0 CommentsCyber Security and HIPAA Breach Protocol and Insurance IssuesRead More
In this episode of the Healthcare Consultants Podcast, Paul Redding shares the tips, tools, and programs that his company uses to protect doctors, nurses, and staff against cyber security and HIPAA breaches, and legal compliance problems.
- 08/28/2021 - 0 CommentsTelemedicine for Independent PracticesRead More
You are likely familiar with the style of telemedicine that has been available through large healthcare entities and insurance carriers. A telephone/video conversation with a physician, nurse practitioner or behavioral health professional has become a common and convenient way to diagnose and treat straight forward illnesses such as upper respiratory infections. Pay between $45 and $65 with a credit card and pick up your prescription at your preferred pharmacy.
- 12/10/2019 - 0 CommentsLarge Dental practice Provider Hacked, over 100 Dental Offices ImpactedRead More
There was two dental practice IT Providers hit in the last 2 months. CTS, like many MSP’s, offers Cybersecurity services with no indication of staff with any security expertise. Not a good idea. When the insurance providers look into if the MSP had the expertise to offer these services and practiced due care, the word is the answer is no and they are NOT covering the $450,000 ransom.
- 11/07/2019 - 0 CommentsHealth Practice Advisors Roundtable Discussions on the practice of Medicine and Medicare and Medicaid.Read More
Illinois Medical Director of Medicaid/Medicare, Dr. Arvind Goyal joined us for a private round table discussion on "The Most Frequently Asked Questions Practitioners have about Medicaid/Medicare Services".
- 05/30/2018 - 0 CommentsGot big toe joint arthritis? We have Cartiva.Read More
Arthritis of the big toe joint is one of the most common foot problems affecting millions of Americans. There have been multiple methods to treat this common condition, from removing arthritic bone spurs to joint replacement to joint fusions. The latest procedure to treat this condition is the insertion of a synthetic cartilage like implant known as Cartiva. At Chicago DPM, I am thrilled to have this revolutionary treatment to help get people back on their feet and end pain. This FDA approved surgery involves placing a small jelly-bean sized implant between the joint to act as a shock absorber and as pseudo cartilage.
- 03/19/2018 - 0 CommentsMedical mistakes: Physician liability & disciplineRead More
Medical mistakes, according to popular news sources, may be the third largest leading of death in the U.S. Why are medical errors so prevalent? Is there a culture among physicians in which errors are covered up or not questioned?
- 02/22/2018 - 0 CommentsValuing and selling your dental practice with Michael ErinRead More
Today’s interview with Michael Erin, a dental valuation and practice consultant and broker, focuses on how Dentists prepare for retirement and a succession plan for the transition and sale of the work and interest in their dental practice.